Rooney Mara: Her Allure Photo Shoot


To play Lisbeth Salander in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Mara got multiple piercings on her face and body. Makeup artist Kate Lee battled to cover the hole left by Mara's eyebrow stud for her Allure shoot. Here, the actress poses in a Vera Wang chiffon gown.


Besides her eyebrow piercing, Mara had her right nipple pierced for the film. "It was actually not that painful," she explains. "Everyone thinks that would be the most painful." There was no question, Mara says, of that piercing being faked. "I'm naked quite a lot in the movie," she says, in a matter-of-fact tone. "And I thought, She has it in the book, and she should have it [in the movie]. Because of all the tattoos and the makeup and the piercings, and the physical transformations my body has to go through, it would always feel sort of like I was in costume, even if I was naked. It just felt like a good one to get—a necessary one to get." Mara has removed the earrings and the eyebrow ring, but she's still wearing the nipple ring. "It's not something I want to ever get repierced," she says. (There might be two sequels.) "So I'm going to keep it in." Here, Mara wears a cotton eyelet vest by Vera Wang.


After smoothing Mara's hair with leave-in conditioner, gel, and thickening spray, hairstylist Rob Talty made a deep side part and secured it in a low ponytail. He pinned any remaining pieces on the sides for a look that was "clean and controlled." While Talty did her hair, the actress took a moment to relax. "I love it when people play with my hair—it makes me fall asleep," she said. In this photo, the actress poses in a silk cotton voile top and skirt by Emilio Pucci.


"I wanted people to see Rooney's beauty, not the makeup," said Lee, who kept the look ultranatural with neutral colors. First, she curled Mara's eyelashes, then coated them in black waterproof mascara and lined her lower lash line with a pale taupe pencil. She brushed a nude blush under the actress's cheekbones and added a touch of warm tawny blush to the apples. For the lips, Lee mixed a peach lipstick with a bit of concealer to create "the perfect nude."


"I had parts of my head shaved," says Mara of preparing for her role. "I was in that character for over a year. If you're going to do it, you have to do it." But it wasn't hard for her to transform. "People always ask, 'Were you crying when they cut your hair?' And it didn't freak me out at all. I was really happy to do it," she says.


Mara credits her lack of fame as an advantage in winning her role in the movie. "I don't think [director] David [Fincher]'s intention was ever to hire someone well-known," she says. "To make this movie, he needed someone that people were unfamiliar with because it's the only way they would really believe this character. She's such a mystery. You couldn't hire someone that people already have a relationship with."

Via Allure
You have read this article Beauty of the Day / Celebrity Style / Rooney Mara with the title Rooney Mara: Her Allure Photo Shoot. You can bookmark this page URL http://chrisinha-belezaestilo.blogspot.com/2011/12/rooney-mara-her-allure-photo-shoot.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Rooney Mara: Her Allure Photo Shoot"

Post a Comment