DIY: Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally



This was a request made from one of lovely Blog Readers. Well there are a number of reasons why people get dandruff. Whatever the reasons are.. read more to find the causes and what to do to prevent it...


Causes of Dandruff:


  • First of all you are not the only one with dandruff. Let me tell you that 1 in every 5 people have dandruff. Now it can be because your scalp is either dry or greasy.
  • If its dry, you will have flaky dandruff and if its oily, your scalp with be itchy.
  • It is also possible that you have product build up on your scalp and thats what is causing the flakiness.
  • Other reasons are stress, hormones or problem with immune system.

Now we can't control hormones and immune system. However we can solve the problem.

Preventing Dandruff:



  •  For Dry Scalp, use Castor Oil to add moisture on your roots. Alternatively, you can use Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil or Almond Oil.
  • For Greasy Scalp, mix lemon juice with tea tree oil or aloe vera. Tea Tree oil is excellent to get rid of dandruff.
  • If you have product build up, use a Clarifying Shampoo. I use Pantene's Clarifying Shampoo. It gets rid of all the product build up and I ABSOLUTELY love it.


Anti-Dandruff Hair Masks:


  1. Honey, Yoghurt and Lemon- Lemon and Yoghurt are known to get rid of dandruff. We use honey   because lemon can be a little drying on hair since its acidic. If your hair is really dry though, add either castor oil or lavender essential oil or almond oil in the mask.
  2.  Aloe Vera and Tea Tree: Both extracts are also known to get rid of dandruff. You can add your                       choice of essential oil so your hair smells exotic.     
  3.  Apple Cider Vinegar: This is what most people recommend however I don't like rinsing my hair with some vinegar but you guys can try if you don't have a   problem. You simply pour some of this on your hair and massage for 5 mins and then rinse it off with water. They say the smell goes away once it dries. But still it kinda disgusts me so I never tried this mask before.

Personal Experience: I used to have dandruff but not much and that too occasionally. But the main reason I had dandruff was because I had dry scalp. But now that I condition my hair regularly with Natural Home-made Masks, I don't get dandruff. You can check my post where I posted the Natural Mask I use regularly HERE.

I hope this post helps you guys and let me know your experience :) Take Care.


Follow Me on Pinterest

Love Krishna xxx

You have read this article Hair Care with the title DIY: Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally. You can bookmark this page URL http://chrisinha-belezaestilo.blogspot.com/2012/05/diy-get-rid-of-dandruff-naturally.html. Thanks!

No comment for "DIY: Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally"

Post a Comment