This was a request made from one of lovely Blog Readers. Well there are a number of reasons why people get dandruff. Whatever the reasons are.. read more to find the causes and what to do to prevent it...
Causes of Dandruff:
- First of all you are not the only one with dandruff. Let me tell you that 1 in every 5 people have dandruff. Now it can be because your scalp is either dry or greasy.
- If its dry, you will have flaky dandruff and if its oily, your scalp with be itchy.
- It is also possible that you have product build up on your scalp and thats what is causing the flakiness.
- Other reasons are stress, hormones or problem with immune system.
Now we can't control hormones and immune system. However we can solve the problem.
- For Dry Scalp, use Castor Oil to add moisture on your roots. Alternatively, you can use Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil or Almond Oil.
- For Greasy Scalp, mix lemon juice with tea tree oil or aloe vera. Tea Tree oil is excellent to get rid of dandruff.
- If you have product build up, use a Clarifying Shampoo. I use Pantene's Clarifying Shampoo. It gets rid of all the product build up and I ABSOLUTELY love it.
Anti-Dandruff Hair Masks:
- Honey, Yoghurt and Lemon- Lemon and Yoghurt are known to get rid of dandruff. We use honey because lemon can be a little drying on hair since its acidic. If your hair is really dry though, add either castor oil or lavender essential oil or almond oil in the mask.
- Aloe Vera and Tea Tree: Both extracts are also known to get rid of dandruff. You can add your choice of essential oil so your hair smells exotic.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is what most people recommend however I don't like rinsing my hair with some vinegar but you guys can try if you don't have a problem. You simply pour some of this on your hair and massage for 5 mins and then rinse it off with water. They say the smell goes away once it dries. But still it kinda disgusts me so I never tried this mask before.
Personal Experience: I used to have dandruff but not much and that too occasionally. But the main reason I had dandruff was because I had dry scalp. But now that I condition my hair regularly with Natural Home-made Masks, I don't get dandruff. You can check my post where I posted the Natural Mask I use regularly HERE.
Love Krishna xxx
You have read this article Hair Care with the title DIY: Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally. You can bookmark this page URL http://chrisinha-belezaestilo.blogspot.com/2012/05/diy-get-rid-of-dandruff-naturally.html. Thanks!